ADVENTURE SPORTS ASSOCIATE PASTOR
The Adventure Sports Pastor oversees Bayside Adventure Sports, Inc. by setting ministry vision, providing discipleship and leadership development to the volunteer team he/she has recruited fund-raising for covering the cost of the ministry and staff, and designing and implementing programming to use adventure sports to attract and attach people to Jesus and Bayside Church. This position reports directly or indirectly to the Campus Executive Pastor of Bayside Church.
Set Ministry Vision
- Follow the current vision for using adventure sports events, activities, programs, events, trips, training, and epic adventures as both an outreach strategy and discipleship program, attracting and attaching people to Jesus and Bayside Church.
- Manage the non-profit organization, working with the Board of Directors to maintain safety, funding, ministry priorities, and legal status.
- Work with the leadership of G1 Outdoors to align BAS with the broader vision, modeling adventure ministry for the developing chapters.
- Work with the BAS Administrative Assistant to guide the ministry.
- Constantly recruit more people to join the volunteer team then train and inspire them to be effective at hosting hundreds of events every year. The volunteer team is the heart and soul of the ministry.
- Oversee application and on-boarding process of all BAS Volunteers.
- Shepherd the volunteer leaders and team, guiding them in their growth as Christians and as responsible leaders – training them in problem solving and conflict resolution. This may be done through leading one or more weekly Bible Studies.
- Help the Division Leaders to develop and grow their own teams, training the division leaders how to recruit, train and inspire their own teams.
- Ensure Discipleship is a priority throughout the ministry
- Keep all volunteers informed through regular communication through both group messaging and individual, personal messaging.
- Work with the volunteers to maintain a year-round schedule of events posted and promoted at least a month in advance.
- Keep the BAS Website updated
- Manage regular and quality social media postings for BAS on the most used platforms
- Work with Bayside Church to get BAS events posted through their website and social media
- Manage monthly promotional emails to the whole BAS database.
- Work with the Bayside Courtyard Staff to maintain a weekly presence on the campus though posters, flyers, and courtyard kiosk.
- The Director is responsible to manage and grow the budget to cover all expenses for BAS, including the Director’s Salary, Admin’s Salary, insurance, and all operating expenses.
- Work with current donors and recruit future donors for building a broad and strong foundation of financial support
- Work to establish multiple annual fund raisers for BAS
- Develop a plan for increasing the number of paid memberships
- Connect with and expand on the number of local Sponsors
- Work with the BAS Admin to keep all the events on the calendar well promoted and on time
- Work with the Bayside Church Staff to develop events where BAS can serve their current ministry
- Work with the leadership of G1 Adventure Tours to plan annual Epic Adventures for the purpose of extended ministry opportunities
- Work with Division Leaders to host beginner and intermediate classes
- Work with all the leaders to launch Bible Studies and Small Groups for people who connect well through BAS.
- Problem-solve with volunteer leaders and/or Bayside staff members to resolve conflicts or issues
- Follow up on email, texts, signal messages, Teams, Voicemails, etc. in a timely manner.
- When available, serve in all-church events such as Christmas Eve & Easter services, the Thrive Conference, Trunk or Treat, and Breakaway.
- Attend Bayside GB Staff meetings
- Attend Bayside All-Staff meetings
- Leadership – This ministry is all about leading lots of teams of volunteers who run the events. Sometimes the Director will lead the bigger and more elaborate events personally.
- Organization – This ministry is massive, with many moving parts and hundreds of people. The director must be able to organize and manage people, events, money, board, marketing, and more
- Spiritual Maturity – Every person in the ministry or connected to this ministry is someone to be discipled, to be inspired to follow Jesus more. Nothing works without a commitment to Jesus Christ, an understanding of His word, and the ability to communicate it.
- Public Speaking/Teaching – There are many instances year-round where the director is inspiring people by teaching or speaking in small groups and large groups.
- Outdoor Adventure Skills and Abilities – This is an Adventure Ministry so the director must have a love for God’s Creation and many of the adventure sports the ministry hosts. The Director also should be able to participate in many of the sports enabling him/her to come alongside the volunteers who are hosting events. The Director doesn’t have to be able to participate in all of the sports, but he/she should be able to appreciate all of them.
- Average of 40 Hours weekly
Contact Greg Weisman for more information about the application process