Yosemite Summer Details
Dates and Cost
- OPTION 1: June 14-18, 2017 (5 days/4 nights) Wednesday, June 14 (check-in available at 2pm) through Sunday, June 18 – Checkout is 11:00 am). $274/adult, $159/child age 5-12, under 5 free*
- OPTION 2: June 18-21, 2017 (4 days/3 nights) Sunday, June 18 (check-in available at 2pm) through Wednesday, June 21 – Checkout is 11:00 am). $224/adult, $109/child age 5-12, under 5 free*
Upon arrival, you will receive a packet of information, including maps for the hike, campsite tags, car tags, etc. NOTE: There is a limit of 2 vehicles per campsite in Upper Pines so some vehicles may need to be parked in the Curry Village lot nearby – please be prepared for this possibility.
Meals provided for each option include a dinner and breakfast for each night you are staying. Meals are served, buffet style, at our main campsite by Kevin Kauer and his team. We provide tables and chairs for a comfortable and relaxed setting with a campfire available and games for the kids like a Slackline so parents can relax together. Lunches are not provided. Curry Village is just a short walk down the road with available store, restaurant, coffee shop and showers.
Base Camp is located at site 15 in the Upper Pines Campground. That’s where you will check in, find leaders, meet for meals morning devotionals.
How to Register
Click here to register. Registration is first come, first served and this trip fills early, so don’t delay. (Registration is not secure until paid in full.) Complete liability waiver (one for each person) at smartwaiver.com/v/baswaiver
We have space in Upper Pines Campground for about 100-120 campers in each trip in campground sites for tents, trailers, & limited sites for RVs (size restrictions in place – we will notify you upon receipt of your registration if we are able to accommodate your RV). Showers are available at nearby Curry Village for $5 (or free between 12:30am – 7am). In order to maximize our accommodations, you may be sharing a site with others (~6 people total/site) – either tent campers or RV/trailer. Please note on your registration form if there is another registrant you would like to share a site with, we will do our best to meet your request.
Half Dome Package - $15 (with lottery application), $20 after March 31 - each person that would like to hike Half Dome will be asked to submit a lottery application for 4-6 Half Dome permits in March. There will be a $4.50 fee when you apply - this will be part of your Half Dome package fee and non-refundable.) If you do secure permits, we will reimburse for the actual cost of the permits. More instructions will be provided upon registration.
*Please note, Half Dome Permits are issued by the park as a lottery. We will do our best to secure enough permits, but we cannot guarantee enough passes for our whole group. Permits we acquire will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis, based on your registration date. In the case we do not have enough permits, your Half Dome Package fee will be refunded.
We cannot guarantee that we can obtain passes but we can guarantee that we know many other equally as terrific trails to hike, including Eagle Peak, the Pahono Trail, and the Snow Creek Trail around to North Dome.
There is also a National Park entrance fee of $30 per car, not included in the price. This trip is reserved for people who are current members of Bayside Adventure Sports ($50/family/year; $25/single/year – must be current at the time of the trip).
Basic list of items to bring
A more detailed list will be sent to you with your confirmation email.
- Sleeping Stuff: If you are tent camping in Upper Pines, you need tent (PLEASE choose a tent reasonable for how many are sleeping in it – a good guideline is no bigger that how many are sleeping in it +2)*, tarp for under the tent, sleeping pads, bags, etc. If you are at a campsite, you’ll need everything for camping out! Please be prepared for a variety of weather conditions – warm or cold, and possibly rain. We follow the Bayside Singles policy – unless you are legally married, no sharing of tents. *Any person that brings a tent larger than a “+2 ” tent may be charged a surcharge as we will be restricted on maximizing the usage of the site.
- Bears: Be aware that Yosemite is Bear Country and they are very strict about storage of food (bear lockers are provided and use is mandatory. Bring your own lock). Because of the possibility of sharing bear lockers with others in your campsite if your family/group is smaller than 6 people, please plan to pack as compact as possible.
- A thorough list of suggested items for the trip, as well as guide for what you need to successfully hike Halfdome will be included in a follow-up email.
- Though official check-in to your site is not available until 2pm, you can enter Yosemite Valley and begin enjoying the park as early as you want. Then come by at 2pm to check in. Sorry, pets and alcohol are not allowed on BAS trips due to insurance reasons.
For general park information you can call 209-372-0200.
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to receive a full refund for your event registration fees is 31 days before the event. (Full refunds for payments made with a credit card or Paypal can only be processed for 60 days. After that, your refund can be processed by check less 3% fees.)
- Membership Fees are non-refundable.
- Cancellations received within 14-30 days of the event may be eligible to receive a full refund of the event fees less 20% service fee.
- Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund but registration can be transferred to another party, minus a 10% administration fee.
- Cancellations will be accepted via email, phone call, or text, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- Bayside Adventure Sports reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If BAS cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
<---Back to Yosemite Summer main page
Bayside Adventure Sports is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, Federal Tax ID# 20-0969347
©2017 Bayside Adventure Sports. All rights reserved.