Are you looking for a ministry that fits your love for the outdoors, connecting with people, and sharing the Gospel? BAS may just be the ministry for you! We have many areas and capacities for you to volunteer:
- Division Leaders (DL): Help recruit, organize & lead a team of volunteers in a division/sport to plan outings. This is a Leadership focused position.
- Division Co-Leaders (DCL): Assist a Division Leader in organizing and planning for the Division/Sport. DCLs are positioned to take over as a DL if/when a transition is needed.
- Activity Leader (AL)– Owns and runs activities for a specific division. There should be multiple ALs for every division as this enables the Division to offer events at different levels (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced). Often there will be a primary AL and one or more secondary ALs running a specific event together. For divisions that do hikes, rides, or any kind of trip, there should always be at least one leader and two assistant leaders so that there is someone at the back of the line and another who, in case of an injured person, can stay with that person and help them get back to where they need to go. Sometimes these assistants are the people who are taking photos/videos on the trip, stopping at intersections to make sure the group stays together, etc.
- Division Support Staff – it takes many people to help a Division grow and host events throughout the season or year. Below are areas where a person can assist the ministry.
- Social Media Staff –help in the pre-event postings and post-event postings on Facebook, Instagram, Smugmug, Meetup, etc.
- Sponsor Support –BAS has a desire to have a primary and possibly a secondary Sponsor for each sport. These are typically local retail stores that offer discounts to members of BAS. The Sponsor Support staff works as the liaison with the store owner or manager to keep on top of how BAS can serve the Sponsor or where BAS could use some assistance from the Sponsor.
- Training Coordinator –The trainer works with the DL to determine and assist in offering Outdoor Education classes for the Division. These classes enable BAS to help people get started in new sports through classroom sessions or practical outdoor sessions teaching and practicing skills.
- Growth Track Campus Coordinator & Representatives: Growth Track is the four-week process to help people at Bayside Campuses to learn about what it means to be a Christian as well as how and where they can serve in ministry. BAS needs a Coordinator for each campus and volunteers who can be at “Step 4” to talk about BAS for those people considering a volunteer role.
- Kiosk Coordinator & Hosts: BAS seeks to have a Kiosk (booth) on every campus to help promote the ministry during weekend services and at special events. The Kiosk Hosts work together to set up, host, and put away the kiosk at different campuses. Ideally there will be a Kiosk Coordinator for each campus and multiple Hosts who are trained to host it.
- First Aid & Medical Training Coordinator and Training Staff: BAS has a goal to have as many volunteers certified in Basic First Aid and CPR as possible. We also would love to see many of our volunteers trained for Wilderness First Aid. Ideally BAS needs a Coordinator who would assist in the overall plan to offer the necessary courses taught to assist in the certification of hundreds of volunteers every year.
- Equipment Management: BAS owns lots of gear that needs management, updating, cleaning, and storing. We could use help from people who just love to take care of this gear.
- BAS Gear-Bank Manager and Staff: The BAS Gear Bank is a trailer full of gear from many of our sports that is available for BAS Members to borrow or even trade up for.
- Travel Specialists including Epic Adventure Leaders or Support Staff: BAS works with G1 Adventure Tours, a professional Tour Company also run by BAS Leaders that provides small group (about 20) Adventure Tours like the Kilimanjaro Trip, Hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Rafting the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon, Adventure Israel, etc. The trips are run by people trained to be Adventure Tour Leaders (ATLs). We are seeking volunteers who either have experience in or interest in assisting in the development and leadership of Epic Adventures around the world.
- Devotional Writing Team Director & Members: BAS uses Adventure Sports to Attract and Attach people to Jesus and His Church. To do this, BAS Volunteers need well written short devotionals that are naturally connect the sports to God’s Word. BAS has models of these and coaches to work with this team.
For all positions, we seek volunteers who are:
- Fully Devoted followers of Jesus Christ (See our Core Beliefs)
- Servant Minded
- Team Oriented
- Fit well and work well with the leadership
- If you are interested in joining our volunteer team, please come participate in some of our activities to discover where you might like to serve
- Fill out the Volunteer Application. You will hear from one of our team shortly!
Connect with us
Bayside Adventure Sports
740 Coibion Ct. Roseville, CA 95678
call/text: (916) 547-3384