Yosemite Summer Details
Dates and Cost
Option 1: June 14-17, 2023 (4 days/3 nights) (check-in available at 2:00 pm. Checkout is 11:00 am)
BAS Premium Members: $255/person (age 13+), $135/child (age 5-12), under 5 free
Non-Members: $300/person (age 13+), $159/child (age 5-12), under 5 free
Option 2: June 17-21, 2023 (5 days/4 nights) (check-in available at 2:00 pm. Checkout is 11:00 am)
BAS Premium Members: $340/person (age 13+), $180/child (age 5-12), under 5 free
Non-Members: $400/person (age 13+), $212/child (age 5-12), under 5 free
How to Register
Registration is first come, first served. (Registration is not secure until paid in full.) Complete liability waiver (one for each person) at smartwaiver.com/v/baswaiver
REGISTRATION CLOSED JUNE 2, 2023
Upon arrival, you will receive a packet of information, including maps, campsite tags, car tags, bear info, etc.
NOTE: There is a limit of 2 vehicles per campsite in Upper Pines so some vehicles may need to be parked in the overflow lot nearby – please be prepared for this possibility.
Meals provided for each option include a dinner and breakfast for each night you are staying. Meals are served, buffet style at our main campsite. We provide tables and chairs for a comfortable and relaxed setting with a campfire available and games for the kids so parents can relax together. Lunches are not provided. Curry Village is just a short walk down the road with an available grocery store. Yosemite Village offers a larger grocery store and Degnan's Deli for hot and cold meals.
We will let you know where our Base Camp will be soon. That’s where you will check in, find leaders, meet for meals morning devotionals.
We have space in Upper Pines Campground for approximately 75-100 campers in each trip in campground sites for tents, trailers, & limited sites for RVs (size restrictions in place – we will notify you upon receipt of your registration if we are able to accommodate your RV). Showers may be available at nearby Curry Village for $5 (or free between 12:30am – 7am). In order to maximize our accommodations, you may be sharing a site with others (~6 people total/site) – either tent campers or RV/trailer. Please note on your registration form if there is another registrant you would like to share a site with, we will do our best to meet your request.
Half Dome Package - Early Bird Registration: $20/person (with lottery application), $30/person after March 31 - each person that would like to hike Half Dome will be asked to submit a lottery application for 4-6 Half Dome permits in March. There will be a $10 fee when you apply - this will be part of your Half Dome package fee and non-refundable.) If you do secure permits, there we be an additional $10/permit fee. We will reimburse for the actual cost of the permits. More instructions will be provided upon registration.
*Please note, Half Dome Permits are issued by the park as a lottery. We will do our best to secure enough permits, but we cannot guarantee enough passes for our whole group. Permits we acquire will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis, based on your registration date. In the case we do not have enough permits, your Half Dome Package fee will be refunded.
We cannot guarantee that we can obtain passes but we can guarantee that we know many other equally as terrific trails to hike, including Eagle Peak, the Pahono Trail, and the Snow Creek Trail around to North Dome.
There is also a National Park entrance fee of $35 per car, not included in the price.
You have the option to purchase an $80 annual pass that gets you into all NPs for a year. Click here for more details.
Basic list of items to bring
2017_yosemite_packing_list.pdf (Click to download)
- Sleeping Stuff: If you are tent camping in Upper Pines, you need tent (PLEASE choose a tent reasonable for how many are sleeping in it – a good guideline is no bigger than how many are sleeping in it +2)*, tarp for under the tent, sleeping pads, bags, etc. If you are at a campsite, you’ll need everything for camping out! Please be prepared for a variety of weather conditions – warm or cold, and possibly rain. We follow the Bayside Singles policy – unless you are legally married, no sharing of tents. *Any person that brings a tent larger than a “+2 ” tent may be charged a surcharge as we will be restricted on maximizing the usage of the site.
- Bears: Be aware that Yosemite is Bear Country and they are very strict about storage of food (bear lockers are provided and use is mandatory)
- In order to maximize space, we try to get at least 4-6 people into each site. Be prepared to coordinate with the others in the campsite to share the single Bear Bin and the two parking passes. We will have a trailer available to use at Base Camp for extra bear bin storage.
- A thorough list of suggested items for the trip, as well as guide for what you need to successfully hike Half Dome will be included in a follow-up email. Help Yosemite be a Zero Landfill park! Leave excess packaging at home. Use refillable water bottles, food containers and travel mugs
- Though official check-in to your site is not available until 2pm, you can enter Yosemite Valley and begin enjoying the park as early as you want. Then come by at 2pm to check in. Sorry, pets and alcohol are not allowed on BAS trips due to insurance reasons.
For general park information you can call 209-372-0200.
<---Back to Yosemite Summer main page